The One Behind the Mask

Fionna. Fifi. 18. Female. III-BS PSYCHOLOGY student. Single (and lovin' it). Shy. Sensitive. Spontaneous. Beautiful. Stern. Sweet. Compassionate. Determined. Talkative. Dramatic. Calm. Cool. Confindent. Snob. Passionate. Sensible. Sentimental. Cry baby.


Interested? --> other references available upon request
Email me: fionnakarisse_ab19@yahoo.com
or 10520678@dlsu.edu.ph



Fionna is in love with...
  • Dark Chocolates.

  • Tennis.

  • Basketball.

  • Short stories.

  • Musical play.

  • shopping.

  • singing.

  • noringai.

  • roni_bats.

  • beach.

  • sunset.

  • rain.


  • Fionna is wishing for...
  • a sports car

  • an island

  • a new fone (nah, not really...)
  • a toy dog (pet)

  • an older brother?!

  • a knight in shining armor?!


  • Her other wishes...
  • learn to dive

  • travel the world

  • learn french

  • learn japanese
  • meet roni_bats

  • lose all her excess fat!




  • Fionna has been up to...
  • blogging (duh!).

  • studying (as always...)

  • Bowling

  • reading novels

  • watching DVDs

  • Mediacal Stuffs



  • Fionna has read...
  • The Da Vinci Code

  • Angels and Demons

  • Tuesdays with Morrie

  • Five Feople You Meet in Heaven

  • The Alchemist

  • By the river piedra I sat down and wept

  • Harry Potter (books I-IV)

  • Confession of a Shopaholic

  • Where the Heart is

  • The Little Prince

  • Veronica Decides to Die


  • Cosmo Book Collection: No Boyfriend since birth. Have Baby, Will date. Getting Married. Confessions of a drama queen. Break-up diaries. Tough Love. Vince's Life. et al.



  • Fionna is currently raving about...
  • Grey's Anatomy

  • Med School

  • Masquerade party



  • Memories of the Past May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007

    Masqueraders at the Ball
  • Abby
  • Anjo
  • Carl
  • Cho
  • Edmund Grey
  • Frances
  • Hannah
  • Janna Marie
  • Jolo
  • Karlo
  • Kat Diano
  • Kat Perez
  • Lex
  • Marianne Joyce
  • Mya
  • Paul
  • Raina
  • Red
  • Rich
  • Roman
  • Ruja
  • Sarah
  • Talitha


  • Whispers of the Night



    Music of my soul

    credits maker
    picture
    brushes
    blogspot
    blogskins

    Saturday, June 2, 2007
    The wonderful world of FILMS


    Nobody knows where they might end up… Nobody knows…



    I’m sure many of you are familiar with those lines. It is the theme song of the famous television series… Grey’s Anatomy. I’m a huge fan of that TV series coz’ I get to see “my” Mc dreamy! Haha… Just kidding! Anyway, I don’t really have time to catch it every Thursday night on studio 23 so I always make it a point to watch it every Saturday at home (DVD marathon). Just this morning, I had watched Episodes ten to seventeen of season 3. But for the sake of those who haven’t watched it YET, I would not babble about what happened in those 7 episodes.



    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



    Grey’s Anatomy is really addicting. I am obsessed with it. I love the story… Yes. And I think the characters are HOT. But aside from those, I like it because the story revolves around medical practitioners. They not only deal with their personal problems but also their struggles and adventures inside the hospital walls. Watching it makes me more enthusiastic with things that are related to medicine. As you can see, I plan to take up medicine proper after I’m done from my undergraduate course, which is BS PSYCHOLOGY. And I dearly hope to practice neurosurgery someday. I know that I need to work harder, not to mention study HARDER and LONGER for it will take me another 10 years to accomplish my goal. Well, what I’m trying to say is that, somehow, the television series Grey’s Anatomy inspires me to persist on my plan to be a doctor.


    I did not write about my obsession on Grey’s Anatomy in this blog entry for nothing… It’s just that while I’m watching episodes ten to seventeen, I observed that what we learned last meeting are applied in the said episodes.


    Last Friday, we talked about screening things in different perspectives. I am already familiar to the first, second, and third person perspectives but I had no idea that there are more. Ms. Jewel brought a book named “99 ways of telling a story”. She basically showed us a number of slides pertaining to ways in which one can present a story. It was really cool to know that one can create a unique and endearing story just by means of different POV.


    We also talked about framing and basic camera positions. Framing is very vital in films. When directors frame something, it means that out of the objects/people in his surroundings, he chooses to focus on one particular thing. What does that entail? It entails that that particular object/person/scene is important. So, how does the director frame the world? There are a number of ways in framing the world one of it is through Camera positions. There are three varieties of camera positions. The long shots that intends to show the subject in relation to the environment. Medium shots that stresses the relationship between the characters is another one. And the close up shots that aims to show the emotions of the subject.


    From the 7 episodes that I watched, I noticed that these types of shots were used. The most vivid long shot that I remembered was used in one of the episodes where Dr. Bailey is standing at the middle of the emergency room and observing her surrounding while everybody is moving so fast. Another one is shot in a dock where Dr. Bailey and the interns came across the chaotic area (there was an accident or something…). Medium shots were used most of the time during the show. These shots are usually utilized during conversations among the characters. And my favorite shot among the three, the close up shots, were used during intimate moments and poignant part of the episodes.

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


    Close-up shots are my favorite because it captures the facial expressions of the characters. When you see them so close, it’s like you’re able to feel the emotions that they are feeling at that moment. I am a very emotional and overly-dramatic person. I love the scenes where people look so glum, solemn, and disheartened. Storyline that is heavy on angst and tragedy appeals to me. Apparently, Grey’s Anatomy has a lot of tragic stories. People dying, lost relationships and the likes… I am keen on scenes and stories that make me cry. Every time I watch Grey’s Anatomy, I always end up with an empty box of tissue and a very sore, not to mention – awfully red eyes. I feel satisfied every time I cry a bucket of tears just because Denny Ducat died of heart failure or because Meredith and Derek’s dog died of bone cancer… I don’t know how to explain this… but I just love to cry over tragic things. Heck! I even cry over simple matters!




    calm_potion ♥ 2:12 PM link to post 0 comments