The One Behind the Mask

Fionna. Fifi. 18. Female. III-BS PSYCHOLOGY student. Single (and lovin' it). Shy. Sensitive. Spontaneous. Beautiful. Stern. Sweet. Compassionate. Determined. Talkative. Dramatic. Calm. Cool. Confindent. Snob. Passionate. Sensible. Sentimental. Cry baby.


Interested? --> other references available upon request
Email me: fionnakarisse_ab19@yahoo.com
or 10520678@dlsu.edu.ph



Fionna is in love with...
  • Dark Chocolates.

  • Tennis.

  • Basketball.

  • Short stories.

  • Musical play.

  • shopping.

  • singing.

  • noringai.

  • roni_bats.

  • beach.

  • sunset.

  • rain.


  • Fionna is wishing for...
  • a sports car

  • an island

  • a new fone (nah, not really...)
  • a toy dog (pet)

  • an older brother?!

  • a knight in shining armor?!


  • Her other wishes...
  • learn to dive

  • travel the world

  • learn french

  • learn japanese
  • meet roni_bats

  • lose all her excess fat!




  • Fionna has been up to...
  • blogging (duh!).

  • studying (as always...)

  • Bowling

  • reading novels

  • watching DVDs

  • Mediacal Stuffs



  • Fionna has read...
  • The Da Vinci Code

  • Angels and Demons

  • Tuesdays with Morrie

  • Five Feople You Meet in Heaven

  • The Alchemist

  • By the river piedra I sat down and wept

  • Harry Potter (books I-IV)

  • Confession of a Shopaholic

  • Where the Heart is

  • The Little Prince

  • Veronica Decides to Die


  • Cosmo Book Collection: No Boyfriend since birth. Have Baby, Will date. Getting Married. Confessions of a drama queen. Break-up diaries. Tough Love. Vince's Life. et al.



  • Fionna is currently raving about...
  • Grey's Anatomy

  • Med School

  • Masquerade party



  • Memories of the Past May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007

    Masqueraders at the Ball
  • Abby
  • Anjo
  • Carl
  • Cho
  • Edmund Grey
  • Frances
  • Hannah
  • Janna Marie
  • Jolo
  • Karlo
  • Kat Diano
  • Kat Perez
  • Lex
  • Marianne Joyce
  • Mya
  • Paul
  • Raina
  • Red
  • Rich
  • Roman
  • Ruja
  • Sarah
  • Talitha


  • Whispers of the Night



    Music of my soul

    credits maker
    picture
    brushes
    blogspot
    blogskins

    Sunday, June 24, 2007
    Let's Dance!

    “The world is lifeless without dance”
    – introductory quote of the dance workshop…


    I can still vividly remember my PE dance class when I was just a college freshman student. I remembered being so anxious for I know that I don’t have a talent in dancing. Information about our professor also intimidated us (my block mates). Mr. Martin Ronda, our dance mentor is known to be a “terror” professor. Rumor has it that he gives perfect 4.0 to his students BUT you would definitely have to work your ass off through the entire term. Our Lasallian ambassador even said that he will definitely make your fats disappear because he will never stop unless you’ve been sweating profusely. During those three months, we’ve learned dance sport. Rumba, Swing, and Jive were the three dances that we had rehearsed all throughout the term. I confess that somehow, I have learned to appreciate dance – and that is because of the dedication and passion of our mentor (thanks to him). However, I would still not dance just for the entertainment of others! Honestly, I’d rather exemplify my shameful ability in singing rather than dancing!


    Dance, just like music, expresses one’s emotions and feelings. During our first day in PE dance class, our mentor “forced” a number of my classmate to demonstrate a dance that express happiness, sadness etc. Of course, I was glad that I wasn’t one of those fortunate students who performed in our class. He entrenched in our minds that dance is a way of expressing your feelings as well as conveying a message to others. A dancer should move with confidence and passion. And most of all, he/she must learn the skills needed to be very effective in portraying their feelings/message.



    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


    Last Wednesday, we attended the second half of the art in action. A dance seminar was fairly introduced to us. Just like in the music workshop last week, they discussed the dynamics as well as dances that are present in other culture. Basic dance positions and steps were also introduced to us.

    The dance that I appreciate most is Flamenco. It is where the performers wear long ruffled skirts and dances with shoes (with wide heels) that creates a loud sound whenever they stomp their feet. I liked it best for they exemplify sexiness and power. Moreover, they dance with ardor that makes the viewers want to dance with them (for me it does). They move in a very posh and fluid manner. I also like the way they project themselves. The dancer look regal and their facial expression remind me of a “mataray” lady.


    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket





    I also appreciated one of our very own local dances, the manglalatik. The performers really looked amusing. I never cease to laugh whenever I remember their performance.


    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    calm_potion ♥ 6:38 PM link to post 0 comments